You are not required to provide us with the personal information requested, but in
order to provide you with certain Services you request, it is necessary for us to
obtain such personal information. Without collecting such personal information, we
cannot provide you with certain Services.
we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this policy and, when material,
we will provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our website
or sending you a notification) and consent when required under applicable law. Your
continued use of this Platform after we make such changes is deemed to be acceptance
Notice periodically to stay informed about our information practices and the choices
available to you.
The Website and the Services are not directed to children under the age of 18. If
a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal
information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal
information, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to delete such personal
What personal information do we collect from you?
When you access our website through your desktop or mobile device, we automatically collect certain information as follows:
- We (and our service providers) collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Website, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
- We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Website and your experience, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Website and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
When you submit forms or open an account with Coherence, we may collect other information about you including, without limitation, your name, contact information (including mailing address, email address, phone number, and facsimile number), birthdate, information about your finances (including information about your income, assets, investments, investment objectives, risk tolerance, investment preferences and choices, and investment experience), employment-related information (including your profession, name of employer, etc.), demographic information (including your age, sex, etc.), and other information you may wish to provide to us.
We may also obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from credit bureaus, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
How do we use personal information shared with us?
We use information we collect about you to:
- maintain and ensure the proper functioning of the Website
- provide information and Services to you
- display your information and share investment-related information
- process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices
- personalize and improve your experience on our Website
- identify and/or diagnose problems on or related to our Website
- send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- provide requested information, technical support and/or integrations such as an application programming interface (API)
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service
- communicate with you about the Website, the Services, and virtual events we may offer and to provide news and information we believe will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time)
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Website and Services
- target prospective customers with our products or services (with your consent, where legally required)
- detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect our and others rights and property
- debug to identify and repair errors in our Website
- comply with our legal and financial obligations
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
- for other reasonable internal use or uses aligned with your relationship with us and the context in which we collected the information
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as trade processing and clearing, custody, data management, website development and management, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- All authorized users listed on your account may view personal information stored in your account.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by governmental, regulatory or other authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or requirements pertaining to our business.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Coherence, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers, accountants, consultants, and other professional advisors where deemed advisable to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, a merger, sale of company assets, financing, bankruptcy, business closure, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Those with whom Coherence shares your personal information have privacy policies that are likely different from those of Coherence, and so you should be aware that sharing and safeguarding of your personal information by such third parties may be on different terms from those described herein.
How can you correct personal information shared with us?
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to deactivate your account, please do so from your account profile on the Website, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
When and how can you opt out of sharing information?
- You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Coherence by following the instructions in those communications or by logging into your account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relationship.
- Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website and our Services.